Sailaway VII is a custom built sailing catamaran, sailing daily to the Great Barrier Reef. An Advanced Eco Tourism Operator & Climate Action Leader and National Sustainability Winner, Sailaway innovates an exciting New Eco Adventure, Full Day Outer Reef Sailing Adventure to Mackay & Undine Coral Cays.
The adventure starts with an early departure from Port Douglas Marina. Guests can sit back and relax on the beautiful yacht and set sail to the Coral Cays of Mackay or Undine Reefs. They will enjoy an authentic sailing experience, following the coastline and views of the Daintree mountains.
Once at the protected sites at the Coral Cays, nature activities will include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef with a qualified marine biologist offering reef interpretation on a guided snorkel tour. A glass bottom boat coral viewing tour is also on offer. Premium reef sites showcase abundant marine life, including encounters with turtles and an amazing display of giant clam gardens, beautiful corals and a wide variety of fish.
Exploring the white sands of the coral cays will relax the mind. Soak up the sun, peace and tranquility and swim in turquoise clear waters. Small numbers of guests ensure personal interactive communication with our experience guides.
A tropical buffet lunch, morning and afternoon teas & coffees, supplied by local plantations, will compliment a day of adventure and relaxation. Expert guiding and 1st class services are all included from helpful, friendly crew.
Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect sailing and snorkelling adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Discerning guests can fully enjoy an inspiring full day adventure using wind power to the absolutely stunning cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most environmentally way!
Environment Management Charge of $6.50 per person, can be prepaid (non commissionable) or pay direct on the day of travel.
Valid for Travel from 01 November 2018 to 30 June 2019. Next season rates for travel past this date will be automatically updated.
Digital Underwater Camera Hire $55 Inquire prior to boarding
- Complimentary transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation
- Freshly brewed Tropical North Queensland tea or coffee on arrival
- Morning and afternoon teas with muffins, pastries, cakes and fresh fruit platter
- All snorkelling gear and tuition optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits and flotation devices
- 4 ½ hours at tropical Low Isles, a Coral Cay Island including heritage walk
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkelling tour with marine naturalist
- Glass bottom boat and interpretive reef interpretation
- Alfresco gourmet buffet lunch with prawns
- Pure, first class luxury sailing on Sailaway
- Fruit platters and homemade cake for afternoon tea
- Mandatory carbon offsetting contribution $10 per person
8.00am – returns at 5.00pm
Departs Port Douglas
Check in to Sailaway office at the marina
Pay Environment Management Charge
Board Sailaway VII – Berth D6
Tea & Coffee with Muffins and pastries on arrival.
Welcome & Safety briefing.
Depart Port Douglas. Set sail.
Sailing to Mackay Cay Outer Barrier Reef
10.15pm Arrive at protected mooring at Mackay/Undine Cay
Snorkel safety briefing, distribution of snorkel equipment
Nature Activities commence:
- Swim and Snorkel over the coral gardens
- Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Biologist
Serve Tropical Buffet Lunch on board
Nature Activities resume
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour & Reef Interpretation
- Continue free time snorkelling
- Transfer to the coral cay for exploring
- Relax and swim
Afternoon Tea & Coffee, cakes and fresh fruit platter
Depart Mackay Cay. Set sail to Port Douglas
Reef Interpretation Talk. Guests and crew interaction on day’s sightings
Arrive Port Douglas
Sailaway Outer Reef Mackay Cay Full Day Menu
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Freshly baked apple & cinnamon muffins
- Freshly baked Danish Pastries
- Cold Meats & Seafood
- Medium Rare Peppered Roast Beef slices
- Sliced Champagne Ham
- Sliced tandoori Chicken breast
- Tiger Prawns w/ Lemon & Cocktail sauce
- New potato salad w/ chopped eggs, spring onions & a sour cream & Parmesan mayo
- Mixed Leaf Salad w/ tomato, capsicum, cucumber & a balsamic & virgin olive oil dressing
- Asian noodle Salad
- Fresh fruit
- Watermelon, Honeydew melon, Rockmelon, Pineapple & Oranges
- Freshly baked assorted bread rolls w/ butter portions
- Pesto Mayo, Mustard, Sweet Chilli, Chutney
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Mississippi mud cake
- Honey nougat slice
Prepared daily by On Deck Catering
Beach towel, swimwear, hat, sun-shirt, sunscreen, camera, sunglasses and a friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site.
Cash for alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices and Environment Management Charge $6.50 pp.
Under-water Camera’s available for hire $55
Mackay and Undine Coral Cays are 28/25 nm from Port Douglas. We have exclusive access to these sites from Port Douglas. Journey time will be approximately 2 hours. During this time, we conduct our safety and snorkel briefings and distribute equipment. Reef Interpretation talk. Crew and guest interaction on day’s sightings.
Walking on the Coral Cays is dependant on the daily tides. The itinerary may vary to allow us to take guests to the cays at some point throughout the day. Some day’s we simply can’t walk on the cays as the tide is too low to get the beach landing craft across the coral which gets exposed and is out of the water. Snorkelling and all other coral viewing activities continue.
Full refund only applies to cancellations made with 24+ hours notice. PLEASE NOTE: Trips are subject to weather conditions. All information contained in this website and/or Sailaway Port Douglas brochures is correct at the time of publication. Aristos Port Douglas reserve the right to change any information without notice. Prices are valid for dates shown. We review and update our prices on 1 July each year.
- Sailaway Port Douglas offer adventure travel and associated activities involving an element of risk. Although every effort is made to safeguard our clients you are responsible for personal loss, injury or death due to the actions of clients beyond our control. Act of God or behavior of wild marine creatures.
- Sailaway is a non-smoking vessel.
- Sailaway is operated by ARISTOS Port Douglas Pty Ltd ABN: 58 103 374 698.
- Sailaway supports the Low Isles preservation society and The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority with the future protection of our environment. Eco tourism is ecologically sustainable tourism with a primary focus on experiencing natural areas that fosters environmental and cultural understanding appreciation and conservation.