Australia’s leading Eco Tourism operator
on the Great Barrier Reef
Snorkelling & Sailing specialists
Low Isles Afternoon Sunset Private Charter
At one with nature
Luxury sailing catamarans
Most sustainable way to visit the reef
Low Isles – Afternoon Sunset Tour
Idyllic Coral Cay Island and Sunset
Private Charter only $3,500
Departs 1.00pm – 6.30pm
Suitable for all ages on Private Charter
Enjoy a later start to your day with a relaxed experience of the Great Barrier Reef with a snorkelling and sailing tour to Low Isles. Explore the island during the quiet time of day with a guided snorkel tour by a marine biologist, over the beautiful coral gardens and swim with turtles in their natural habitat. Continue to enjoy your afternoon on the glass bottom boat with an interesting reef talk by our skipper and join our experienced guide to explore the history and nature of Low Isles with an Island Heritage Walk. We serve a delicious light lunch, afternoon tea and a selection of canapés. Beverages are also included to top off the day and provide 1st class service. As the sun sets, take in the thrill of pure sailing on Sailaway IV, a luxury Lagoon 500 sailing catamaran, with ambient music and spectacular mountain views of the Daintree Rainforest. Being a private charter, this tour is suitable for all ages, ideal for small groups of family and friends wanting a special and memorable experience of the Great Barrier Reef.
The reef around Low Isles comprises of 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals. Living amongst the corals in the blue lagoon are a large variety of reef fish including angelfish, damselfish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlip, fusiliers and many green turtles are sighted daily.
This beautiful island is steeped in history. The lighthouse was built in 1878 and was staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data has been collected on the island since 1887 and scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey which studied the structure and ecology of the surrounding reef.
Lagoon 500 Catamaran
Sail on this beautiful Lagoon 500 sailing catamaran, which takes only one hour to sail to Low Isles. There is plenty of room to laze on deck and soak up the sun, or sit on the flybridge and chat to the skipper. This vessel is a high performance sailing vessel and moves smoothly and comfortably across the ocean, offering our guests a unique Great Barrier Reef experience in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way.
Take time to relax – Enjoy 1st class service!
Included in your Private Charter
- Tea and coffee with light lunch on arrival.
- All beverages included (Choice of beer, wine or sparkling wine)
- Snorkelling equipment & optical masks
- Seasonal lycra snorkelling suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles Heritage Walk
- 2.5 hours at Tropical Low Isles
- Afternoon tea and coffee with fresh homemade scones & fruit platter
- A delicious selection of canapés
- Spectacular Sunset Sail over the coral sea & views of the Daintree mountains
- The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
This is an adventure tour suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
- Gourmet mini beef & black pepper pie
- Half-size Roast beef, caramelised onion & salad wraps
- Half-size Ham, cheese & salad wraps
- Zucchini, corn & cheddar cheese tartlets
- Mississippi mud cake slice
- Mini Muffins
- Fruit pieces – Watermelon, Rockmelon, Honeydew Melon & Pineapple
- Fresh baked Scones with jam & cream
Canapés served prior to departure from the island
- French style finger sandwiches
- Arancini balls w/ herbed lemon mayo
- Hummus dip & Capsicum dip w/ crudités, salami, cheese, sliced baguette & crackers
- Chicken & vegetable rice paper rolls
- Thai fish cakes w/ cucumber & sweet chilli mayo
This menu is prepared fresh daily by our friends at On Deck Catering.
Vegetarian & Gluten Free Options available – must be pre-ordered.
What to Bring
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- At check-in for the Environment Management Charge – see your confirmation document for details
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
Add these luxury upgrades to your online booking and experience the best of Sailaway's service.
Beach Sun Smart
Enjoy a perfect souvenir of your time in the tropical sun with a quality embroidered Sailaway beach towel (navy or white) and sun hat, reef friendly sunscreen and re-useable calico beach bag. Presented at time of check-in to use and keep.
Celebrating a special occasion with family & friends? Treat yourself to a chilled bottle of French Champagne, Moët & Chandon (750mL). A perfect way to enjoy a memorable moment sailing over the Coral Sea. Served to you onboard the luxury catamaran with ice bucket and champagne flutes.
Private Chauffeur Transfers
Treat yourself to a private chauffeur return transfer, personally escorted from your accommodation to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and Sailaway.
Discover Sailaway's Reef Destinations
MACKAY & UNDINE CORAL CAYS
The Coral Cays are pure white sand surrounded by a large fringing reef system and crystal clear water.
Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to visit Mackay and Undine Cays. This exclusivity means we have the area to ourselves to explore without restrictions.
Low Isles is an idyllic Coral Cay island. The reef around Low Isles comprises 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals.
Guests of Sailaway have the opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon of the island with our marine biologist, offering an interesting and informative tour.
Enjoy the thrill of pure sailing. A must do when visiting Port Douglas is to relax with an exhilarating cruise on board this first class sailing catamaran.
Soak up the peace and tranquillity of a tropical sunset over the Coral Sea as you sail along the coast off Far North Queensland.
Sailaway Loyalty Club
Receive 10% discount on your second Sailaway experience - simply contact our friendly reservations team to book. Conditions apply.