Australia’s leading Eco Tourism operator
on the Great Barrier Reef
Snorkelling & Sailing specialists
Mackay & Undine Coral Cays
Departs 8.00am – 5.00pm
Suitable for all ages
Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect snorkelling and sailing adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Ideally suited to those who can swim and have a spirit of fun and adventure. Discerning guests can enjoy an inspiring full day experience to the absolutely stunning Coral Cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most sustainable way!
Focussing on small groups on a luxury sailing catamaran, to fully enjoy a day of snorkelling and sailing.
An Eco Adventure on the Wild Side!
Sailaway’s focus is sharing our passion for the marine environment with our guests through reef interpretation with expert guiding. We have a team of qualified marine biologists who give information and entertaining reef presentations, allowing you to fully appreciate the fragile environment and have an understanding of the marine life you will encounter.
Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to the spectacular Coral Cays of Mackay & Undine Reefs. We have exclusive use of our reef sites which are perfect for snorkelling. There are vast areas of coral gardens to explore at your own pace. Being shallow and protected, you see beautiful corals, giants clams, turtles and fish life, up close. Ideal for taking underwater photos or watching the marine life in thier natural habitat.
Custom built Sailing Catamaran
Sailaway VII is a stunning 25m sailing to the Outer Barrier Reef. This is the most sustainable and comfortable way to visit the reef. Sail along the coastline with views of the Daintree Rainforest, past Snapper Island before heading to the Outer Reef.
Nature activities include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef on our guided snorkel tour, enjoy a glass bottom boat for extra viewing and visit a spectacular Coral Cay. Enjoy Aqua marine water and stunning views. Our delicious lunch, morning and afternoon teas will compliment a day of adventure and relaxation.
Included in your cruise
- Courtesy coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- Afternoon tea and coffee, cakes & fresh fruit platter (Using local produce Daintree Tea and Jaques Coffee)
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation talk
- Explore the pristine coral cays
- 4.5 hours at unspoilt location on the Outer Barrier Reef
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
This is an adventure tour suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Freshly baked apple & cinnamon muffins
- Freshly baked Danish Pastries
- Cold meats & seafood
- Medium-rare Peppered Roast Beef slices
- Sliced champagne ham
- Sliced tandoori chicken breast
- New potato salad w/ chopped eggs, spring onions and a sour cream & parmesan mayo
- Mixed leaf salad w/ tomato, capsicum, cucumber and a balsamic & virgin olive oil dressing
- Asian noodle salad
- Fresh fruit
- Watermelon, honeydew melon, rockmelon, pineapple and oranges
- Freshly baked assorted bread rolls w/ butter portions
- Pesto mayo, mustard, sweet chilli sauce, chutney
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Mississippi mud cake
- Honey nougat slice
This menu is prepared fresh daily by our friends at On Deck Catering
What to Bring
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- At check-in for the Environment Management Charge -see your confirmation document for details
- For onboard purchases of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
Add these luxury upgrades to your online booking and experience the best of Sailaway's service.
Beach Sun Smart
Enjoy a perfect souvenir of your time in the tropical sun with a quality embroidered Sailaway beach towel (navy or white) and sun hat, reef friendly sunscreen and re-useable calico beach bag. Presented at time of check-in to use and keep.
Celebrating a special occasion with family & friends? Treat yourself to a chilled bottle of French Champagne, Moët & Chandon (750mL). A perfect way to enjoy a memorable moment sailing over the Coral Sea. Served to you onboard the luxury catamaran with ice bucket and champagne flutes.
Private Chauffeur Transfers
Treat yourself to a private chauffeur return transfer, personally escorted from your accommodation to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and Sailaway.
Discover Sailaway's Reef Destinations
MACKAY & UNDINE CORAL CAYS
The Coral Cays are pure white sand surrounded by a large fringing reef system and crystal clear water.
Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to visit Mackay and Undine Cays. This exclusivity means we have the area to ourselves to explore without restrictions.
Low Isles is an idyllic Coral Cay island. The reef around Low Isles comprises 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals.
Guests of Sailaway have the opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon of the island with our marine biologist, offering an interesting and informative tour.
Enjoy the thrill of pure sailing. A must do when visiting Port Douglas is to relax with an exhilarating cruise on board this first class sailing catamaran.
Soak up the peace and tranquillity of a tropical sunset over the Coral Sea as you sail along the coast off Far North Queensland.
Sailaway Loyalty Club
Receive 10% discount on your second Sailaway experience - simply contact our friendly reservations team to book. Conditions apply.