Australia’s leading Eco Tourism operator
on the Great Barrier Reef
Snorkelling & Sailing specialists
Full Day Low Isles
Guided Snorkel Tours
Heritage and Nature
Low Isles – Full Day Tour
Idyllic Coral Cay Island
Departs 8.30am – 4.00pm
Suitable for all ages
The reef around Low Isles comprises of 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals. Living amongst the corals in the blue lagoon are a large variety of reef fish including angle fish, damsel fish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlip, fusiliers and many green turtles are sighted daily.
This beautiful island is steeped in history. The lighthouse was built in 1878 and was staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data has been collected on the island since 1887 and scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey which studied the structure and ecology of the surrounding reef.
Lagoon 560 Catamaran
This vessel is a high end luxury, high performance sailing catamaran. With plenty of room on board, guests can relax on the upstairs flybridge and chat with the Skipper, or laze on the foredecks and enjoy the splash of the waves and wind. Inside, the cabin is air conditioned with a large under cover outdoor saloon area.
Operated primarily by wind power, this is the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way to travel to the Great Barrier Reef.
Included in your cruise
- Courtesy coach transfers in Port Douglas area
- Morning tea upon boarding and afternoon tea and coffee with muffins and pastries
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles Heritage Walk
- Five hours at Tropical Low Isles
- The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
This is an adventure tour suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
|1.30pm – 2.30pm||
Pickups from Palm Cove now available every Friday and Tuesday only.
Palm Cove bus times: Departs Palm Cove at 7.00am and return departs Port Douglas at 5.15pm
Exact pickup times from various hotels will be advised at the time of booking.
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Freshly baked apple & cinnamon muffins
- Freshly baked Danish Pastries
- Fresh cooked Endeavour prawns w/ cocktail sauce
- Cold meats & seafood
- Mustard Roast Beef
- Sliced champagne ham
- Tandoori chicken breast
- New potato salad w/ chopped eggs, spring onions and a sour cream & parmesan mayo
- Mixed garden salad w/ cucumber, capsicum and tomato tossed with mixed salad leaves, served with a herb dressing
- Asian noodle salad
- Fresh fruit
- Watermelon, honeydew melon, rockmelon, pineapple, paw paw and oranges
- Freshly baked bread w/ butter portions
- Pesto mayo, mustard, sweet chilli sauce, chutney
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- A selection of Home-made Cakes
- Fresh Seasonal Fruit Platter
This menu is prepared fresh daily by our friends at On Deck Catering
What to Bring
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- Credit Card
- At check-in for the Environment Management Charge – see your confirmation document for details
- For onboard purchases of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
Add these luxury upgrades to your online booking and experience the best of Sailaway's service.
Beach Sun Smart
Enjoy a perfect souvenir of your time in the tropical sun with a quality embroidered Sailaway beach towel (navy or white) and sun hat, reef friendly sunscreen and re-useable calico beach bag. Presented at time of check-in to use and keep.
Celebrating a special occasion with family & friends? Treat yourself to a chilled bottle of French Champagne, Moët & Chandon (750mL). A perfect way to enjoy a memorable moment sailing over the Coral Sea. Served to you onboard the luxury catamaran with ice bucket and champagne flutes.
Private Chauffeur Transfers
Treat yourself to a private chauffeur return transfer, personally escorted from your accommodation to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and Sailaway.
Discover Sailaway's Reef Destinations
MACKAY & UNDINE CORAL CAYS
The Coral Cays are pure white sand surrounded by a large fringing reef system and crystal clear water.
Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to visit Mackay and Undine Cays. This exclusivity means we have the area to ourselves to explore without restrictions.
Low Isles is an idyllic Coral Cay island. The reef around Low Isles comprises 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals.
Guests of Sailaway have the opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon of the island with our marine biologist, offering an interesting and informative tour.
Enjoy the thrill of pure sailing. A must do when visiting Port Douglas is to relax with an exhilarating cruise on board this first class sailing catamaran.
Soak up the peace and tranquillity of a tropical sunset over the Coral Sea as you sail along the coast off Far North Queensland.
Sailaway Loyalty Club
Receive 10% discount on your second Sailaway experience - simply contact our friendly reservations team to book. Conditions apply.